Zoom is planning on launching a bunch of new features and offerings for users, but perhaps the biggest reveal was the unified collaboration environment they have dubbed Zoom One. This new offer allows a user to bring chat, phone, meetings, and virtual whiteboard capabilities into a single unified environment.
Zoom One users will be able to use Zoom communication and collaboration tools while they perform actions like starting video calls or phone calls from a chat message. They can also do this while collaborating on Zoom’s virtual whiteboard feature from a Zoom room or Zoom desktop. During a Zoom press release where Zoom One was unveiled, the company president noted that since Zoom has evolved as much as it has over the past few years, the next best step for the company was to introduce new packaging like Zoom One. Zoom President Greg Tomb believes that this new packaging will “offer our customers solutions that are simple to manage” so that businesses can focus on the business issues that matter most.
Zoom One has six different plans, including:
- Zoom One Basic: free 40-minute meetings for up to 100 people, team messaging with persistent Zoom Chat, limited Zoom Whiteboard for in-person and remote work, real-time transcripts
- Zoom One Pro: same as the Basic plan plus no time limits for meetings and cloud-based recording
- Zoom One Business: same as the Pro plan plus unlimited Zoom Whiteboard and meetings for up to 300 people
- Zoom One Business Plus: same as the standard Business plan plus unlimited regional calling with Zoom Phone Pro and Zoom’s brand new translation feature
- Zoom One Enterprise and Zoom One Enterprise Plus: both are similar to the standard Business plan plus larger meeting capacity and other features to help businesses scale like Zoom Webinar, unlimited regional calling is an optional feature for both of these plans
Get your Zoom One Basic, Pro, Business, or Business Plus plans for $149 per year/user; $199 per year/user; and $250 per year/user respectively.
Translated and Multilanguage Captions
Users of the Business Plus and Enterprise Plus plans will be able to use bidirectional translated captions. These translated captions will be able to translate Chinese in a simplified form, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, and Ukrainian.
Zoom’s automated captioning has also been extended. If you are unfamiliar with their automated captioning, it gives a user the ability to caption what a speaker is saying in the same language as the user in real-time. Now, automated captioning includes 10 additional languages. Before, automated captions were supported in English, but now they can be displayed in the new 10 languages for real-time translation.
Multilanguage automated captioning can be utilized in the Business Plus, Enterprise, and Enterprise Plus plans. There will be more support for other plans coming out soon.
Software Development Kits For Zoom Apps
Zoom also has opened its Zoom Apps developer program to all developers through the Zoom Apps software development kit (SDK).
About the Author:
Ultimate Technologies Group is the global expert in virtual communication and collaboration technology. When it comes to high-end Audio Visual technology solutions, we are trusted by some of the most respected brands:
Commercial AV News & Thought Leadership: